, , , , , , , , , , , ,

CRISPY FRIED FALAFEL WITH HUMMUS

     

You know how when you visit a foreign country and you eat their local food and it stays with you ? Well Lebanese is a cuisine that I started to love even more after I visited Dubai a few years back. Eating falafel and shawarmas from a local shop near our hotel was amazing and even better than most of the stuff at the restaurants. Local food is the best to learn about any cuisine and I plan to eat it more often on my trips to understand the true flavours and you should too! So I made these falafels for dinner and they were very similar in taste ! It's gonna be a regular dinner for me for sure ! Enjoy.









INGREDIENTS
2 cups chickpeas  ( soaked overnight )
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp Baharat masala (lebanese masala)
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion ( finely chopped )





You can find the recipe for my Hummus here


Method
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process till combined.
Roll the mixture and keep in a bowl in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Roll the mixture into balls and deep fry !

Serve with lemon and hummus and pita.

0 comments:

Post a Comment