, , , , , , , ,

SOM TAM (THAI GREEN PAPAYA SALAD)


Thai is definitely one of my favourite cuisines. I love how simple flavours combine to form the most complex dishes. It's sweet , salty , bitter and spicy all at once ! Not only are dishes perfect to enjoy as a part of any meal they are also super easy to make. All you need are some good quality ingredients.



So this is my mothers recipe and I love it since it's super easy to make and has limited ingredients. Also I'm not a big fan of raw vegetables and find it difficult  to like salads ,this one is an exception as I just exclude the vegetables and enjoy the flavour of the raw papaya. So I hope this salad appeals to all the picky eaters out there because it definitely works for those  I know. Enjoy !



INGREDIENTS                                    SERVES 2
1 large green papaya
2 tbsp palm sugar
2tsp soy sauce 
1tsp fish sauce
salt to taste 
2 thai red chillies (thinly sliced)
juice of 2 limes
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup peanuts
Sundried tomatoes (optional)







METHOD
  • Place the lime juice, palm sugar,chillies ,salt , soy sauce and fishsauce in a mortar and combine everything with the pestle.
  • Toss the papaya, tomatoes and peanuts with this paste.
  • Serve immediately  





0 comments:

Post a Comment