, , , , , ,

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES






Ok , I was super confused as to what to upload this weekend as I have two fabulous dessert recipes, one is a cake and one is a cupcake. And as you can see I've decided to go with the cupcakes.





This is another recipe from Pooja Dhingra's Big Book Of Treats , which has now become my favourite book for dessert recipes by an Indian ! Also, I can't wait for her next book to come out , it's gonna be amazing.






 So these cupcakes are incredibly moist and have a wonderful flavour of chocolate. I always tweak the recipes I use a little when I feel the need to , so if you want,  add a tsp of coffee to the milk to give the cupcakes a hint of coffee flavour. Enjoy!








INGREDIENTS
100gms butter
100gms brown sugar
2 eggs
80gms flour
25gms cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
40ml milk
1tsp instant coffee powder ( optional )




METHOD
In a bowl whisk together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add the eggs to the mixture and whisk till combined.
Add the milk and coffee if using and mix thoroughly.
Soft together the flour , cocoa powder and baking powder and fold into the mixture with a spatula.
Line a cupcake mould with liners and scoop the batter into each liner till 3/4 full
Bake at 175c for 15 minutes or till a skewer ,when inserted in the centre of the cake , comes out clean.




0 comments:

Post a Comment