INDIAN SPICED SPINACH AND POTATO KEBABS (HARYALI KEBABS) AND MEETING ADITYA BAL

So a few months back , I had the pleasure of meeting chef Aditya Bal at the gourmet high street. I attended a class of his where he prepared a dish of pork , this dish was a twist on a traditional thanksgiving dinner and was absolutely delicious. Not only did we learn about the dish he also called me and another boy on stage to help cook along with him! This was an amazing opportunity for me and I loved talking to him about food as its not everyday that you find people who not only love food but actually make the effort to know about its origin. He is extremely sweet and it was indeed great to meet him and I look forward to visiting again next year.
 
 After meeting him and tasting his food I decided to buy his cookbook ( the chakhle India cookbook) , the cookbook has quite a good collection of mouthwatering Indian recipes and the hara bhara kebabs seemed to be delicious so I gave it try and what I got were some delicious, soft kebabs. I loved them and I can’t wait to try out more recipes from the book . Enjoy ! 

INGREDIENTS                   SERVES 5
2tsp cumin seeds
 

2 tsp coriander seeds
4 boiled potatoes
Salt to taste
1 knob ginger
2 cloves garlic
A  small bunch fresh coriander
A small bunch parsley   
1 green chilli
1 lime
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chaat masala
50 gm spinach
100 gm green peas
4 Tbsp cornflour
4 Tbsp bread crumbs
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil to shallow fry
 METHOD 
 Boil the water with salt. Add spinach and green peas into it .
Strain them and keep them in cold water for sometime.
Dry roast cumin and coriander seeds together in a pan. 
Pound them in a mortar and pestle.

In a blender add boiled potatoes, salt, dry roasted spice, fresh ginger, garlic, fresh coriander, parsley, green chilly, lime, turmeric powder, chaat masala, blanched spinach and green peas and little refined oil. 
Blend them together .

Put them in a bowl. Add salt, corn flour, bread crumbs, lime juice.
Mix them well.

Make round patties of it.
Fry the kebabs in a little refined oil.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment